This is truly an amazing pizza recipe. All the of the toppings have a slight smoky flavor with bacon and smoked gouda bringing a rich flavor that creates one of the most unforgettable pizza experiences. Caramelize the vidalia onions in bacon fat to to bring even more flavor to the whole pizza. This pizza does require more prep work than most but it is truly worth it.
- 1 New York style pizza dough
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced and oven roasted
- 1 Vidalia Onion, caramelized
- 3-4 slices of butcher cut bacon, cooked and diced
- 50g Smoked Gouda (1.5 ounces)
- 90g Fresh Mozzarella (3 ounces)
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Digital Food Scale
- Pizza Stone
- Wood Pizza Peel
- Turner / Flat Spatula
- Cast Iron Skillet or heavy bottom pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Half Sheet Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper or Silpat
- Large Cutting Board
- Make and proof dough as per instructions (2-3 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Slice and caramelize onions as per instructions (45 minutes).
- Slice and roast tomatoes as per instructions (30 minutes).
- Cook bacon as per instructions (20-30 minutes).
- Preheat oven and baking stone to 550°F (288°C) for 45 minutes.
- Form dough on lightly floured wooden pizza peel to 12-13″ circle.
- Add slices of roasted tomatoes to dough.
- Add caramelized onions as evenly as possible to dough.
- Add smoked gouda and fresh mozzarella evenly.
- Lastly add bacon.
- Bake on baking stone for approximately 5 minutes until golden crust and bottom. Use pizza peel to remove pizza from oven.
- Allow to cool for two minutes before cutting.