Welcome to The Home Pizzeria Forum. If you have any questions, issues or just want to share your creations I invite you to create an account and become part of the forum discussion. I will answer any of your quetions as soon as possible and I look forward to hearding from you!

Amount of cheese on pizza

Make Pizza At Home Forums Basic Help on Making Pizza Amount of cheese on pizza

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Y. 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Roger

How much mozzerella cheese do you put on your new york style pizza? And if you use other cheeses  do you put less mozzerella cheese or still use the same amount?

Brian Y.
    Keymaster

Great question as I personally feel like many people want to use too much cheese because of the mentality of ‘more is better.’ However what you want to aim for is enough cheese so you get the creamy texture of cheese to the pizza but it doesn’t overpower everything else. As with all ingredients you are looking for harmony among the flavors and ingredients. You also want an amount that the crust can handle and not slide off. For the NYC style dough recipe which makes approximately a 13″ pizza I like to use about 4-5 ounces of mozzarella cheese. If I add another cheese such as smoked gouda I will use about an ounce of that, cut into small cubes, and a bit less mozzarella. I generally just judge by the way it looks and that is approximately what it comes out to be.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close
Support The Home Pizzeria
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter

OR

Shop on Amazon through our banner links